Do Yourself a Favor, Delete!

I’ve had a lot of thoughts running through my mind over the past week.

Over the past week, I’ve witnessed some nasty interactions online and then some really amazing heartfelt ones (I also watched 13 Reasons Why, which is maybe why I’m on this rant). Anyway, I guess I just don’t understand the point in using social media as a weapon or to put other people down. Not only does it make that person feel bad, but I’m sure it ignites an unnecessary flame in you as well. So now both parties are angry or disheartened, and maybe so are few others who have jumped into the mess. What’s the point?

The biggest piece of advice I can give regarding social media is to eliminate those who bring you down. Delete the ones who antagonize you, who judge you, who question why you do or feel the way you do. If you don’t like something that you see, get rid of it. If you don’t like something and you have the power to change it, DO IT. That’s the beauty of social media, it only takes a click to “unfollow”, “unfriend”, “block”. Do what’s best for you. Remove the negativity out of your life and your happiness is likely to increase 10 fold.

We can’t please everyone, we can’t make everyone like us. That’s life. But, we can determine who we share our lives with. If they are hurting you, let them go. Whoever said “sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me” definitely didn’t live in this generation. So I challenge you, clear your feed and your life of negativity and hatred.

Today I stumbled upon this (shouts to Drew):

Get you some friends who fill your feed with things like this, I promise, it’s worth it.