Graduation and Natural Hair
Hi Queens! Guess what? It is graduation season. I’m back with another blog post to help make your life with natural hair a little bit easier. This post is mainly for my ladies that will be graduating soon. On May 5th, 2018 I will be graduating from the University of Northern Iowa. With that being said my biggest question to myself is “How are you going to get your cap to fit on your head?”. I know a lot of my other college natural hair queens have the same question. Well today is your lucky day.
Graduation Day Slay!
Graduation is a time to be happy and celebrate four years of hard work and dedication. No one wants to wear a ponytail or a slick bun on this special day. Thanks to ESSENCE, here are some ways to slay your natural hair for graduation.
- Big curls and a side part is a style that allows your hair to frame your face. To achieve this style with your cap you will need a lot of bobbi pins!
- If you are looking to rock your locs how about adding curls or braids! This style will have you looking right.
- Adding a pop of color is a great way to elevate your graduation look.
- Wearing weave is also an option. Try curling it or wearing it wavy. An easy style like that could never go wrong.
- A side braid is an easy way to keep your hair out of your face but also will allow your hair to be visible for pictures.
Thank to Chizi Duru, ladies we can still wear our big fro’s on graduation day. You don’t have to use a lot of bobby pins to obtain this hack either.
- Graduation Caps
- A headband
Get your cap, a headband and some tape
Tape the headband to the mortarboard of your cap
Tuck the flaps away and tape them down
Then it should look like this